Monday, October 12, 2009

Painting is now Two Classes, Fundamental and Advanced

I have divided the Painting Fundamentals class into two classes on Wednesday ... an advanced class from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and a fundamentals class from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.

For students who were previously enrolled, you can stay with the morning class if you wish. However, if you are a more recent student and need instruction in the fundamentals ... I will not be spending class time in the morning to cover these issues.  If you need work in color theory, light theory or mateirals ... the afternoon class is the place for you.  I know that it is difficult to leave your friends, but my advice is to make the choice that will advance you as an artist.  There are events, shows, field trips and parties that we will do as a group. So, your paths will cross again.  

The fundamentals class is not a beginning class.  It is the place for beginners to start, but I will work with beginning and intermediate students at their level.  I am asking that all new students enroll in the afternoon class, so that I can access your level.  If you are ready for the advanced class I will promptly move you there.  If you are not comfortable with drawing, the class you should be in is my drawing class on Tuesday mornings from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

If you would like to talk to me in private about which class you should be in, call or email me.  I'm here to help you.

Mary  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment